Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hello!

Hi there!  My name is Lacey Meek, and I'm a tenth grader at Animas High School in Durango, Colorado.

This year, as a Sophomore, I am taking Biology as one of my classes.  On this blog, I will write about our adventures and mishaps, telling people what I've learned and posting our readings and my take on them.

First though, I should start with describing how our class will work.  In each semester, we have a series of essential questions that need to be answered.  This semester goes like this:

  • What are field research techniques utilized by biologists?
  • How are scientific findings communicated?
  • What are the essential components of experimental design?
  • How is data analyzed and interpreted?
  • What is the importance of diversity?
  • How does energy and matter flow through an ecosystem?
  • How do biotic and abiotic factors interact within an ecosystem?
  • How are species classified?
  • How are traits inherited?
  • What is the relationship between genetics and evolution?
  • How have Hominids evolved over time?
  • How have biotechnologies impacted our justice system?
  • How is DNA processed to create a DNA fingerprint?
   These are the semester one questions and I am very excited to dive into Biology this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment